Meet Chris Jones
Chris has been scriptwriting, directing and producing for a wide range of clients since 1979. Her work has been seen on PBS, the Sundance Channel, the National Geographic channel and in selected theaters. As a writer/director she specializes in simplifying difficult concepts, enlivening history programs and crafting productions with sparkling dialogue, unusual concepts and a light touch. As a producer, she is known for bringing in projects on time and within budget.
In addition to her documentary work, Chris has written and/or produced several interactive programs and DVDs, television commercials for a variety of clients and spent one season working as a writer/producer for Collectible Treasures shown on the Home & Garden Channel. Chris is also a Spectra Diversity partner. Spectra Diversity offers an online diversity and inclusion assessment and profile for organizations and individuals.
I had the privilege to serve with Chris Jones when she was president of the local chapter of MCAI (then ITVA). She brought passion, knowledge and expertise to the role and knew how to leverage the team to get the best out of each of us. Ultimately, she re-energized the chapter by helping everyone broaden their skills and form lasting business relationships within the industry. – Steve Prather, Creative Services Director at Ecolab
Selected recognition and awards for her work includes:
- SuperKid – Silver award MCAI-MN Media Festival
- Poles Apart – Best of Fest Twin Cities International Film Festival, Best Documentary award at the Lake Placid Film Forum, Best Documentary at the Breckenridge Festival of Film, a Silver at the Philadelphia Film Festival, the Top 10 Best of Fest at the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Film Festival, Honorable Mention at the Canyonlands Film Festival, the Moab Film Festival and the Houston International Film Festival. Poles Apart was also screened at the Film Festival of Loule Portugal and at the Outfest 2000 Los Angeles
- Century – ITVA Golden Reel Special Achievement; (2) Silver (1) Bronze TELLY and a Silver award at the International Film & TV Festival of NY
- The Road Taken – ITVA Silver Reel
- Preventing Losses -CINE Golden Eagle; ITVA Silver Reel
- Making the Sale – CINE Golden Eagle
- WINDOWS IN TIME – CINE Golden Eagle; ITVA Golden Reel
- EMMPASCLCU – Gold HUGO Chicago Film Festival; International Film & TV Festival of NY (Silver)
- R.F. Module Radar Altimeter – U.S. Industrial Film Festival (Silver)
- Applied Robotics – International Film & TV Festival of NY (Gold)
Prior to her independent work, Chris spent five years as a Writer/Producer for Honeywell Inc. Chris received a B.A. from St. Cloud State University with a TV/Film and Theater double major. Chris also holds a 1st Class FCC License which, in theory, means she can repair a transmitter. She was the 1997-98 President of the Media Communications Association-International (International Television Association).
Chris Jones & Associates would be happy to provide you with a free initial consultation or proposal. Please either call us at (612) 272-0547 or contact us via email. We look forward to working with you.